Hotel King - MBC Korean Drama 2014

Hotel King is promising as I watch the pilot episodes All the tension and conflict will spice things up. The way Ah Mo Ne acts and talks kinda reminds me of Cheon Song Yi. I had no idea how much I missed Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Wook together. But the drama itself is fast-paced and beautifully shot and has an interesting plot and it is genuinely good. So far, anyway. I just wasn’t expecting to enjoy it this much.
hotel king korean drama

I am a little confused on the romance because, well, doesn’t Jae Won think that he and Mo Ne are brother and sister? Knowing k-dramas, I’m sure that the dude who raised him was lying through his teeth, or else Mo Ne’s father isn’t really her biological father, but at this point the characters don’t know that and Jae Won is already turning into a big old softie around Mo Ne, and the dude that raised Jae Won is already suspecting that he’s falling for her.

hotel king korean drama


I don't know, they’re beautiful together one way or the other and I love that while the drama has makjang situations it’s not overly makjang (that was my biggest fear with a weekend drama). I love that the tragic childhood only took up about ten minutes of the drama and it trusted the audience to know what he went through without showing us 8 episodes of it.  And the cast is wonderful. Hotel King is good all around.

Lee Da Hae

I like how it maintains its mystery. It’s obvious Hyun Sun-woo is one of her allies. (He’s cute). But Baek Mi-nyeo also seems like a likely candidate. It reveals as less as it can and leaves it for the next episode, like Ah Mo-ne’s wall-climbing skills which enabled her to cause a stir in the hotel at the end of the first episode. Although I’m still curious as to why she is hella terrified of birds and what was happening in her nightmare when someone was trying to barge in through her door. Why are there no CCTV cameras in the chairman’s office? Or why were they not able to view who killed him? (Let’s face it, it’s not suicide).

Ah Mo Ne

Ah Mo Ne, right? First of all, I hadn’t seen Da Hae’s side profile so I hadn’t noticed how big of a nose job she got. I still like her but I need to get used to it. In regards to her character, she almost pulled off as annoying for me. But it turns out she’s not an idiot and actually realizes something is not right. Kudos hotel princess. Like I said, this drama proves to be really dark and melodramatic from the start.

I’ll definitely keep watching but I’m a bit wary of how things will play out, especially with 30 episodes. Not to mention the writer of the drama who has had some pretty crazy ideas for her past dramas (she took out all the main characters for one and brought in new ones halfway through the run). Hotel King had a decent start. I just hope it lives up to the hype that was created around it.

watch hotel king korean

Hotel King Ratings This weekend was a battle between the new MBC and SBS weekend dramas, “Hotel King” and “Angel Eyes,” and it looks like “Hotel King” is the one that had the interest of the viewers. According to viewer rating research company Nielsen Korea, MBC’s “Hotel King,” which stars Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Wook, recorded a 10.9% viewer rating on Sunday, which, although 0.8% lower than its 11.7% on Saturday, still held with solid double digits.

On the other hand, SBS’s “Angel Eyes,” starring Gu Hye Sun and Lee Sang Yoon, recorded a low 6.6%, falling behind the MBC drama “Hotel King” which airs at the same time.