Miss Asia Pacific World Philippines 2014 - Hillarie Danielle Parungao

Here comes the official representative of the Philipppines to Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 in Seoul, Korea come May 31. Hillarie Danielle A. Parungao, who has been selected for the privilege of wearing the Philippine sash in the talent-driven competition. A native of Solano in Nueva Vizcaya, this 5’8″ beauty is now Makati-based and works as a freelance print/photographic model. She studies at the Trinity University of Asia. I wonder what talent she will present in the host city. Will she sing, dance or perform a song-and-dance routine? Whichever, I hope she does real well.

Hillarie Danielle Parungao

Miss Asia Pacific World Philippines 2014


Hillarie is a super beauty, it doesn’t take much of a genius to realize that. From humble beginnings to infinite opportunities, she set out on the same path followed by so many others that had a dream similar to hers — she followed the road to being in the limelight. She eventually became one of the most sought after and photographed models in the Philippines. She cried when Gian Quiballo, national director for Miss APW knocked at her door and bestowed the right to represent the Philippines in this year’s Miss Asia Pacific World 2014.

The reason why it’s easy to love Hillarie is her personality, which is void of any pretension. She could have easily fallen into the trappings of being a successful model, but she remains one of the nicest people in the business. She’s overwhelming with star qualities. On top of that, Hillarie’s smile is as natural as her charm. Get to know her in an exclusive interview with Missosology.

In today’s society, women play prominent roles in business, politics, education, sports, entertainment, and the arts. What are the contributions that pageants make to today’s women?
There are still some who still see pageants as degrading to women, but there are the advantages that they fail to mention. The pageant has become a platform to develop quick witted women. Pageants also train women to become outspoken, well poised, and graceful under fire. Pageants forces women to learn about world events and humanity. We train to become future ambassadors, but many of us join the pageants because we are hoping to be use this platform to advance our causes. It is a cliche, but it is true, Many pageant contestants are beautiful with a purpose, and many of us do want to help advance real peace and advocate for less human sufferings.

Tell us about your mantra or secret to success.
My aunt passed this quote from William Clark, an American explorer, and it has guided me through my progress in life, “Be ambitious not for money, not for selfish aggrandizement, not for the evanescent thing which men call fame. be ambitious for the attainment of all that a man can be”. With this as guide, I stay ambitious, and always hoping to be successful, not for personal gain alone, but that my success will translate to help more people.

When was the last time you cried? Why?
I shed tears recently when I found out I was chosen to represent the Philippines. It was mixed emotions. I was very happy, but I know it comes with enormous responsibility. All I can say though is I don’t mind crying everyday for reasons like this.

What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Asia Pacific World?
Most Asian women do not live a comfortable life compared to those in the Western world; I grew up with less privileges, that I can be a true advocate to many Asian causes, most especially on women and children. If I may add, I also come from a country where we are taught beautiful is beyond skin deep. I believe these qualities will make me a true beautiful ambassador for Asian causes.